OUR VALUES & BEHAVIORS
We believe the customer is the reason for our existence and the only guarantee to our future. Everything that we do must delight our customer, each time and always.
- We will demonstrate a proactive "Customer First" & a "Customer Delight" mind-set consistently.
- We will act at all times to ensure Reliance remains the first choice for our customers.
- We will actively listen to customer inputs to continuously improve our products, services and the customer experience.
- We will work proactively and go the extra mile to perpetually nurture and grow all our customer relationships.
- To delight our end customers best, we will serve our internal customers, equally well.
We believe the success and reputation of the company is paramount. Having an ownership mindset is fundamental to our existence. It creates a sense of inspiration and purpose. It enables accountability and accomplishment. It ensures our strong commitment to the highest standards of safety and environment.
- We will prioritise and always align our work keeping the larger purpose of the corporation in mind.
- We will operate with a personal stake and an ownership mind-set and 'play to win'.
- We will always remain agile and anticipate what will make a difference to our stakeholders tomorrow and make it happen with speed.
- We will always commit to the highest standards of safety and environment.
- We will conduct ourselves to ensure highest standards of corporate citizenship.
We believe that without respecting all our stakeholders there can be no reliance. We acknowledge that there may be a difference of perspectives but there must always be respect.
- Individually and collectively we will conduct ourselves with respect and humility.
- We will uphold the self-esteem and dignity of each other by creating an open culture conducive for expression of views and ideas, irrespective of hierarchy.
- We will express ourselves honestly but without disrespecting the sentiments of others.
- We believe in being inclusive in our thinking and doing, we recognize that differences of perspectives are natural and must be acknowledged.
- We will foster an inclusive and diverse workplace where everyone is treated with respect and dignity.
Upholding our reputation is paramount as we are judged by how we act. We are committed to be truthful in all our actions. We strive to be honest and forthright with one another and with all our stakeholders. We respect the world in which we operate. It begins with compliance with laws and regulations. We hold ourselves to the highest ethical standards and behave in ways that earn the trust of others.
- We will earn confidence and trust through principled leadership, fairness and humility at all times.
- We believe in integrity of thought and action and adhere to the Reliance Code of Conduct and all relevant laws of the land.
- We believe in building a spirit of trust with all our stakeholders.
- We will speak up if we see something conflicts with the values of the company.
- We will have the courage to stand up for what is right and surface issues early.
Whatever the strength of the individual, we will accomplish more together. We put the team ahead of our personal success and commit to building its capability. We trust each other to deliver on our respective obligations.
- 'Team Reliance' comes before me, always and every time.
- We collaborate seamlessly, seeking and offering help as "One Team, One Vision".
- We take accountability for our own actions and also that of our team.
- We recognise and acknowledge the contribution of other colleagues and celebrate wins as a team.
- We look beyond our own immediate roles and take ownership of the larger outcome.
We are committed to excellence, in spirit and action. We believe everything that we do and everything we think can always get better. We see all of our activities in terms of our higher purpose and ideals, which drives our quest for excellence, always.
- We believe in excellence in everything we think, say and do.
- We will not create, accept or pass on anything that is mediocre.
- We will accept responsibility - learn and improve, not rationalise and explain, using the "Plan, Do, Check and Act" principle.
- We will hold each other accountable to delivering excellence.
- We will always be 'outside in' and raise the bar for excellence, learning from external benchmarks globally.