Founded in 2010, Reliance Foundation was set up to drive the various
philanthropic initiatives of RIL.
Throughout our journey, we have made a difference to the lives of
From the remotest villages and towns to metropolitan cities, we have nurtured stories of hope, resilience, and transformation.
We are creating change in the areas of Rural Transformation, Health, Education, Sports for Development, Disaster Response, Arts, Culture & Heritage, and Urban Renewal.
Reliance Foundation has also established strategic partnerships with
organizations that have the technical expertise and experience to
undertake various programmes in the identified focus areas of operation.
Partnered with Indian Olympic Association for Olympics, Commonwealth and Asian Games to make India a global sporting powerhouse
Partnered with the Athletics Federation of India to support the holistic development of Indian athletes and grow India’s Olympic movement
Partnered with the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation to empower one million women entrepreneurs across India to help them achieve an annual income of at least ₹1 lakh
Partnered with Vital Voices to launch the WomenLead India Fellowship to nurture women leaders in the social sector
Partnered with the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) for the WomenConnect Challenge India to bridge the gender divide in India
Our Rural Transformation initiatives address critical development indicators such as rural livelihoods, water, food and nutrition,
women’s empowerment, and access to knowledge resources. Our initiatives have so far reached 17.6+ million people.
- Bharat-India Jodo (BIJ) aims to bridge the social, developmental, and economic gap between rural and urban India.
- Empowering farmers: We support market linkages for farmers through Farmer Producer Organisations (FPOs).
- Reliance Nutrition Gardens (RNG): These small patches of land are cultivated to grow fruits and vegetables in a house or community setup like an Anganwadi. This helps households and communities get nutritious food at a low cost.
- Empowering women: We work with Self Help Groups (SHGs) to help build the leadership and entrepreneurial skills of women and give them increased access to economic opportunities.
Reliance Nutrition Gardens
(RNGs) set up across 8 states in FY2022-23
Cubic metres of water
harvesting capacity created
We are committed to enhancing India’s healthcare ecosystem through community health initiatives and health outreach to
vulnerable communities. We also strive to make primary, secondary, and tertiary healthcare services accessible to all. During
the COVID-19 pandemic, Reliance launched a multi-pronged response by leveraging infrastructure and resources.
Our “Health for All” initiatives include:
ASMAN – Project Alliance for Saving Mothers and Newborns: First-of-a-kind project in partnership with Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, MSD India, Tata Trusts, and USAID
Health Outreach Programme: Providing medical care through Mobile Medical Units (MMUs), Static Medical Units (SMUs), Community Health Centres (CHCs) and health camps
Access to comprehensive healthcare services through Motikhavdi Medical Centre in Jamnagar and Community Care Centre & Reliance AIDS Care Hospital in Gujarat
Sir H N Reliance Foundation Hospital & Research Centre is a 345-bed quartenary care hospital in Mumbai. Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital in Lodhivali is an 82-bed, state-of-the-art hospital that caters to an industrial and rural population in Raigad, Maharashtra.
supported under Drishti
We aim to provide opportunities for the young to develop themselves into future citizens who contribute to society.
- Nita Mukesh Ambani Junior School: Setting new standards in teaching and learning
- NMAJS features a state-of-the-art campus, flexible learning spaces, and provisions for collaborative work and personalised instruction
- Education and Sports for All: Providing access to quality education and sports for development in India
- Early Childhood Care and Education (ECCE) in India: Aiming to build evidence-based innovative models to improve early childhood development outcomes
- Dhirubhai Ambani International School (DAIS): A K-12 co-educational International Day School in Mumbai that offers world-class educational opportunities
- Reliance Foundation Teacher Awards: Recognising and celebrating India’s teachers and motivating them to strive for excellence
- Reliance Foundation Scholarships: Providing scholarships to meritorious students for over 25 years. 12,776 scholars supported by Dhirubhai Ambani Scholarships for marginalised communities since 1996; 50% are female and 20% are persons with disabilities
- 14 Reliance Foundation schools have provided quality education to 80,300+ students to date.
- Jio Institute: A multi-disciplinary higher education institute dedicated to the pursuit of excellence.
- Launched two inaugural postgraduate programmes in Artificial Intelligence & Data Science and Digital Media & Marketing Communications in 2022
Children and teachers impacted through
Supported by DHA Scholarships
for marginalised communities
Schools across 7 states
for digital classrooms
We provide a quick response to mitigate the effects of natural disasters. This includes early warnings, mobilisation and distribution of relief
materials, and supporting local governments to help communities affected by disasters, including post-disaster relief.
130,000+ people were provided emergency support during natural disasters in FY 2022-2023
In a unique quality assurance certification to a disaster response team, Reliance Foundation’s Disaster Response unit received the ISO Certification 9001:2015 from the British Standards Institution (BSI) for its processes in 2021.
People supported by relief activities
Our initiatives in sports include Reliance Foundation Youth Sports (RFYS), Reliance Foundation Young Champs (RFYC), Reliance Foundation Jr.
NBA, and Reliance Foundation Olympics Initiatives. Our initiatives offer a platform for budding athletes across India to develop their talent and
prowess in various sporting segments.
- Reliance Foundation is supporting India’s best talent to perform at the highest level of competition through its Olympic Initiative. Reliance Foundation scholarship athletes bagged 139 medals, of which 98 were at the national level and 41 were at the international level.
Youth and children reached
Arts, Culture & Heritage
We support and promote India's art, culture and heritage. We also help in the revival and upkeep of public spaces.
Urban renewal spans massive modernisation initiatives that enrich public spaces to improve the quality of life and infrastructure in cities.